Thursday, April 24, 2008

Insulation in/Bats out!







I thought you might like to know you can sleep a little better now that all the bats are out and the new insulation is in! Actually, there were no bats at the time since they haven't migrated back yet, but when they do, they'll have to relocate to the barn! Hopefully, they'll find all their regular doorways shut tight! Let's hope! The "batman" and crew of two came last Friday and cleaned out the old insulation, bat guano and disinfected. He looked like an astronaut going into the attic with all his special gear and came out looking like a coal miner he was so dirty. They bagged what they could and threw it out the window, then sucked the rest of it up with a heavy duty sweeper. The following Tuesday they came back and spent all day blowing in the insulation and only took a 15 minute break going from 9:30 a.m. 'till 4:30 p.m. It was all quite interesting and I found out more about bats than I care to know! And along with it a lot of funny bat stories!






Upon cleaning out the attic, I discovered a lot of old textbooks that MarthaJean & Mary Louise left behind. I boxed what I could up, vacuumed them and left them for the family to peruse through and take if you want them. Otherwise, I'll recycle them later in the fall after everyone gets a chance at them.

No comments: